Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Wedding

Today was a wonderfully fun day for us. It was the wedding, which was really lovely. We had the enormous honor of attending the actual ceremony. That was an incredibly special experience that we feel very lucky to have been invited to attend.

Here are a few pictures from the reception. Each guest received a personalized bottle of Tamba wine.
Can you read the label? "This wine is very friendly and gentle."
They gave me a bottle of grape juice to share with the kids ... and to match my personality...
Of course I took pictures of each course, but some of my pictures were a little blurry today. The appetizer course was really yummy and served in beautiful little ceramic bowls. I don't know what all of it was, but it was delicious.
Next was the sashimi course.
This was the shrimp course. Notice that it is a whole shrimp! There were three other courses that I didn't get good pictures of. All of the food was wonderful.
They asked Grace to be a flower girl so she did this with the bride's nephew. It was totally adorable!

This was truly a wonderful experience for our family. In fact, Noah made a friend during the reception and invited himself back to the boy's house so they took him home for a couple of hours for a play date while Grace and I took a nap and Andrew went drinking with the guys.

Tomorrow we are going to a hot springs resort. I love Japan!!!

No comments: